How to Apply for Membership
To apply for membership, a company must:
- Satisfy the criteria for the appropriate membership category
- Provide two current EPDA members as their sponsor
- Have been in business for at least two years
- Accept the EPDA Code of Practice
- Submit a distribution policy statement showing that 51% of sales go through distributors if a manufacturing company
Once you have submitted your application to EPDA, it will be processed and forwarded to the EPDA Board for approval. You will be notified of your application status in approximately two weeks.
A company, which is primarily engaged in the stocking and wholesale distribution of finished and semi-finished plastic products, e.g., sheet, rod, tube, pipe, film, valves, etc. They must be domicile in a European country, have an annual turnover in plastic products of not less than 1.000.000 Euro, and whose plastics distribution business accounts for 25% or more of the company’s gross sales.
A company, which is primarily engaged in the manufacturer of finished and semi-finished plastic products, e.g., sheet, rod, tube, pipe, film, valves, etc. They must be committed to the use of distributors for their products and have at least 51% of their gross plastics sales handled by distributors, and have a satisfactory distribution policy.
Download Membership Application in PDF format.
EPDA CODE OF PRACTICE
An EPDA Member:
- Is focused on quality.
- Is committed to staff training and development.
- Is able to offer balanced advice on the use of plastics without misrepresenting any advantages or disadvantages.
- Is dedicated to customer satisfaction by developing excellence in the plastics industry.
- Promotes and supports the distribution channel as a means of bringing products to market.
- Supplies only products which meet appropriate international standards.
- Maintains comprehensive stocks to satisfy customer needs.
- Promotes good business practice and has clear, published statements on terms of sales and product warranties.